Archive for July, 2011
I’ve spent more time in the U.S. over the last few years than in the rest of my life. And today on Independence Day I decided to do a 2 minute brainstorm of things I almost always enjoy on each trip, even if most of my time is in meeting rooms. In random order…
- Hearing the range of accents.
- Watching people from California and New York try to communicate.
- Learning more about life as an African American.
- Trying not to say “about.”
- Seeing plants, birds and landscapes we don’t have in Canada.
- Hearing jazz or blues.
- Finding some new kind of hot sauce.
- Hearing Spanish spoken.
- Having assumptions about America shaken up in new ways.